Doesn't work with link freeze...

Apr 15, 2008 at 1:20 AM
I am currently using LinkFreeze and it seems there is a conflict with the ASP.NET version. Pages won't load with both activated, and it won't got to a custom 404 either. However, the regular version seems to get along just fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2008 at 1:32 PM
Can you send me a regular post message which is not working so I can analyze?

Thanks,

Rodney

kaydee wrote:
I am currently using LinkFreeze and it seems there is a conflict with the ASP.NET version. Pages won't load with both activated, and it won't got to a custom 404 either. However, the regular version seems to get along just fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Apr 18, 2008 at 4:34 AM
Sure, it will take me some time, as I'll have to get a non-production site set up with Linkfreeze.

In the meantime, I seem to have another problem. I have a custom 404 page that will grab the querystring and try to redirect to the most appropriate page. For example, the 404 will read domain.com/getsheetmusic and redirect to /getsheetmusic.asp Unfortunately, this doesn't work when the ISAPI filter is in place. I'm trying to track down exactly where the error is, but I haven't had any luck.

One other strange thing happens when we post data to the database with the word "or" in it, the "or" is replaced by "or". Is there any way I can selectively turn the filter on or off? (For example, with LinkFreeze, I can include a custom header that stops LinkFreeze from parsing the page.)

Thanks!

Kelly.
Apr 18, 2008 at 4:40 AM
Sorry, solved the 404 error. I unchecked "Check that file exists" in IIS and that seemed to have fixed the problem.

Also, the "or" is replaced by * or * - the forum software likes to replace * with bold.
Coordinator
Apr 21, 2008 at 8:43 PM
Hi Kaydee,

It replaces "or" for "or" indeed. This is to prevent "1 or 1=1" kind of SQL Injection. You can change the filter by modifying the code. You can download the source code in the "Source Code" tab.

Thanks,

Rodney

kaydee wrote:
Sorry, solved the 404 error. I unchecked "Check that file exists" in IIS and that seemed to have fixed the problem.

Also, the "or" is replaced by * or * - the forum software likes to replace * with bold.

May 20, 2008 at 7:33 PM
Kaydee said, "Sorry, solved the 404 error. I unchecked "Check that file exists" in IIS and that seemed to have fixed the problem."

I have a similar issue. I'm trying to get a 404.asp redirect to NOT use the ISAPI Wildcard Filter.  Any ideas? Thanks.
Coordinator
May 21, 2008 at 6:48 PM

Hi Kaydee,

When you add the wildcard mapping in IIS (see video for details) you have a check box that reads "Check if file exists", if you check it it will work with LinkFreeze (so I heard).

Thanks,


Rodney


sonobor wrote:
Kaydee said, "Sorry, solved the 404 error. I unchecked "Check that file exists" in IIS and that seemed to have fixed the problem."

I have a similar issue. I'm trying to get a 404.asp redirect to NOT use the ISAPI Wildcard Filter.  Any ideas? Thanks.