Installation Problem - can't find Framework 2.0

Jun 13, 2008 at 5:46 PM
When we tried to install the application (following the very helpful video!), we were prompted that the 2.0 version of the .NET Framework wasn't installed on the machine...which it was. We went ahead and reinstalled the 2.0 Framework anyway, and then ran the installation again...and AGAIN we were told that we needed to install (you guessed it) the 2.0 Framework.

Anybody else experiencing a similar problem with installation.

It should be noted that we have multiple versions of the .NET Framework on the target machine...1.1.4322 and 2.0.50727 to be exact.

Also, has anybody had any problems with the C++ runtime necessary for this installation interfering with previous versions? We have some existing code already running on the server that relies on an undetermined version of that runtime, and we're a little concerned that installing a new version may break existing code.

Thanks in advance...
Coordinator
Jun 16, 2008 at 4:02 AM
Hi wloescher,

Actually this ISAPI does not depend on .NET 2.0 or any other. It is pure and native C++. I am using Visual Studio Install Wizard and probably it is believing such dependency exists. The C++ runtime however is necessary. So, if you can install in any server or workstation, just copy the dlls to your server and all the rest will remain the same (don't forget the runtime). Let me know if it works for you. If you have any other question, please let me know.

Thanks,

Rodney