Trouble with the 64 bit beta version

Aug 20, 2008 at 1:27 PM
Hi,

I'm beta testing the 64 bit version for our website, I installed it on a Windows 2003 x64 server , IIS 6, and all of my page requests are now returning the following: "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." .

I first tried the 32 bit version on a Windows 2003 server x32 and it worked perfectly.

Any ideas what the problem is? Do I need to install some additional libraries? I did install the VC++ 2005 x64 redistributable.

Thanks,
Scott
Coordinator
Aug 20, 2008 at 7:28 PM

HI Scott,

I will post a zip file of the files I have in my own environment. Maybe this fix the problem. Give me 24 hours.

Thanks,

Rodney

Aug 20, 2008 at 10:46 PM
Thanks Rodney! Once the files are ready I'll deploy them to our server and let you know how things are going at that point.

Scott
Coordinator
Aug 21, 2008 at 2:18 AM
Please download 64-bit binaries in Releases.
Aug 21, 2008 at 4:40 PM
Unfortunately I'm getting the same response. I went into the event viewer and each page request is generating the following two error events:

"Generate Activation Context failed for \\?\C:\Program Files (x86)\SQL Injection ISAPI Filter Installer\ISAPIClipSQLInjection.dll. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system."

"Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system."

I noticed that somehow amd64 versions of these libraries did get installed on the server (via the install program?) . The server we're running on has an Intel Xeon CPU, I'm not sure if that is part of the problem. If I can provide any more information please let me know.

Thanks,
Scott
Coordinator
Aug 21, 2008 at 11:29 PM

Hi Scott,

By the error message, it seems that Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT which is the runtime required to run the dll cannot be found. Can you double check to see if the C Runtime for Visual Studio is indeed installed? If you have Visual Studio installed in any of your machines you can create a simple 64-bits hello world C application in debug mode and see if it can work in your server. This is the right link:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=EB4EBE2D-33C0-4A47-9DD4-B9A6D7BD44DA&displaylang=en

Thanks,

Rodney

Aug 22, 2008 at 11:49 AM

Hi Rodney,

Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT does not appear to be bundled with the installer you listed here. I removed my VC 2005 x64 redistributable install and then reinstalled using the link above. Afterwords I did a hard drive scan for any files where the file name contains Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT and came up empty. I'm guessing that if I could get my hands on these DLLs and the manifest file, and then put them in the same directory as ISAPIClipSQLInjection.dll  that would solve my problem, but I can't seem to find any packages that contain these required DLLs. We do not have any Visual Studio licenses here, I doubt we could afford to buy a license just to get this app up and running. Any other ideas on how we can make this work?

Thanks,
Scott

Coordinator
Aug 22, 2008 at 3:57 PM
Edited Aug 22, 2008 at 3:59 PM
Hi Scott,

The RT is not included in the install. I explain that in the video. The link for the 64 bits version is different from the video though. Just follow the link I have sent previously, install the package and the filter should work. You won't find a file called Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT but msvcm80d.dll instead.

Thanks,

Rodney
PS: You don't need to buy a Visual Studio license to have Visual Studio. You can download express versions of any language here for free:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/beginner/default.aspx